Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Presence with a "c"...

This past Sunday at Rolling Hills rocked! The band was great. Worship was intense. Elwin made "Pakistani Hush Puppies" and they were yummy. We started a new series..."The Christmas Presence". And I couldn't help but notice that you've lost weight since Thanksgiving Day. Good for you!

So...was anybody else shocked by the fact that Americans spend $450,000,000,000 every year on Christmas gifts? I was. Is anybody else considering ways to spend less and give more? I am. This Christmas, I'd like to exchange Christmas presents with a "t" for Christmas Presence with a "c". In short, I'd like to reclaim Christmas.

The first Christmas changed the world. Why? Because of His Presence in Bethlehem. This Christmas could change the world? Why? Because of His Presence in you and me. Is God nudging you, the same way He's nudging me? For starters, would you check out a website? It's www.adventconspiracy.org. Advent Conspiracy is a movement that encourages Christians to "spend less, give more, love all, and worship fully the ultimate gift of Christ".

Together, let's join the conspiracy and reclaim Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool stuff Pastor. I look forward to reading about what is going on at RHBC. All of you continue to be in my prayers.